When you apply for a green card (adjustment of status) in the United States, you usually need to have a medical examination. The exam must be done by a doctor who is authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). USCIS designates certain doctors (also known as civil surgeons) to perform the medical exam required for most Green Card applicants. Military physicians are authorized to perform immigration medical exams at a military treatment facility within the United States for U.S. veterans, members of the U.S. military and designated dependents. Click here to learn more!
Call 504-326-1700 to schedule your Immigration Physical at any of our 4 locations: Metairie, Westbank, Midcity, and LaPlace
*You must have your vaccinations prior to your visit
- Bloodwork & Urine Tests – tb,syphilis, and gonorrhea
- Begin filling out I-693 form (PART 1) – we will provide blank forms if needed
- Submit ALL vaccination/immunization records – must be certified and in English
- Pay in full ($395)
- Review paperwork & vaccination records with our provider *note: patient’s must make accommodations to complete any missing records or forms before moving forward with immigration exam.
- If TB is positive, patient will need a chest xray and treatment at any facility.
- If positive of syphilis – needs to be treated
- The Medical Provider will give lab results and if a drug test is needed The Medical Provider will decide.
- Paper work from pages 8 on will be competed and approved by the Medical Provider
What to bring
- Vaccination/Immunization Records – certified and translated into English
- Please bring a certified copy with you OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List of immunizations needed on Part 10 (USCIS Form I-693) (espanol: USCIS Form I-693)
- If you do not have all of your immunizations please find a you must be up to date on immunizations before 1st visit
- Translator *if needed
- Valid Government Issued Identification (Passport OR Drivers License)
- Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (USCIS Form I-693)
- Blank forms given at your 1st visit Part 1 Filled Out